E-commerce is a one of the fast-growing sectors. E-commerce is a means of conducting business,where the buying or selling of goods and services can take place. E-commerce allows small startups to grab a hold of market share. Nowadays,E-commerce is increasing day by day.
The top most E-commerce startups in India are as follows-
- Flipkart– Flipkart is a Singaporean e-commerce company headquartered in Bangalore,Karnataka,India. It was founded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007. It is a private based business. It is available in various languages(English,Hindi,Tamil,Telugu,Kannada).It was founded in 2007,13 years ago.In India it is located in Bengaluru,Karnataka,India. It raised Rs.43,615 crore revenue.
- Bigbasket– Bigbasket is the largest online grocery in India. It was launched in 2011 and headquartered in Bangalore. It was founded by Hari Menon,VS Sudhakar,VS Ramesh ,Vipul Parekh and Abhinay Choudhari.It offers food supplies in various categories such as bakery items,food and vegetables etc. Bigbasket raised around a $526 million fund .
- Bookmyshow– Bookmyshow is an entertainment ticketing website. Bookmyshow was launched in 1999 and headquartered in Mumbai. BookMyShow has ticketed for over 1,500 plays online and is the exclusive ticketing partner for theatre venues. BookMyShow has ticketed for more than 300 live large format events.
- Shopclues– Shopclues is an Indian Online marketplace. It was established in July 2011 in Silicon Valley by Sanjay Sethi,Sandeep Agarwal and Radhika Agarwal. It was based in Gurgaon,India. It is valued at US$1.1 billion. It serves over 30,0000 cities across India.
- Snapdeal– Snapdeal is an Indian e-commerce company. It is based in New Delhi,India. This site is available in Hindi and English Language. The founder of snapdeal is Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal.
- One97– One97 Communication Ltd. is India’s leading mobile internet startups. It is India’s largest digital goods marketplace driven by a commitment to great consumer experience. It also delivers mobile content. It is headquartered in New Delhi and offices in Mumbai,Bengaluru,Pune,Chennai and Kolkata.
Freecharge- Freecharge is an Indian digital marketplace and services like Financial services based in Gurugram,Haryana,India. It is referred as the second biggest take over in the Indian e-commerce sector. It raised approximately US$400 million as cash and stock.