Biotech startups launch a product within months, a biotech company often requires several years of intensive cash burning before its first product reaches the market. This company uses live organisms such as bacteria or their products, such as enzymes.
The top most Biotech startups in India are as follows –
- Biocon– Biocon Ltd is an Indian Biopharmaceutical company based in Bangalore ,India. The founder of Biocon Ltd is Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw. It offers manufacturers novel biologics as well as biosimilar insulins and antibodies which are sold in India as branded formulations.
- Sea6 Energy– Sea6 Energy is a biofuel startup based in Bangalore(INDIA). It focuses on the ‘’Macroalgal’’ fuel source of seaweed. It was founded in July 2010 and headquartered in Bengaluru. The founder of Sea6 Energy is Sailaja Nor more. It is a privately held company.
- Bharat Biotech– Bharat Biotech International Ltd is an Indian biotechnology Startup. It is headquartered in Hyderabad and Founded By Dr. Krishna M. Ella in 1996. It is a privately held company. It is engaged in Manufacture of vaccines,Bio-therapeutics and healthcare products.
- Medical Genomics– Medical Genomics is an emerging medical discipline that involves using genomic information about an individual as part of their clinical care.
- GANIT LABS– Ganit Labs foundation is a not-for-profit research foundation. It works in the areas of Genome Science and biological big data analysis. It is located in Bangalore,India.
- Rasi seeds– Rasi Seeds pvt ltd was initiated by Mr. Ramasami in 1973 at Attur,located in Salem District. It made rapid advances from seed production and supply ventures. Having 600 qualified workforce.
Krebs Biochemicals and Industries Ltd(kbil)- Krebs is a biochemicals startup established commercially for application in medicine,agriculture and industry. It was established in 1991 and is headquartered in Hyderabad.