Agritech is an application derived from agriculture to advance a range of input and output processes. India has about 50000+ startups in India . In agriculture innovation plays an important role. The startups who work with the food growers,processors,stakeholder in the production supply chain are known as AGRITECH STARTUPS.
The Top most Agritech Startups in India are as follows-
- Agrowave- Agrowave is working to build a sustainable supply chain for fruits and vegetables It was started in 2017 by Anu Meena. It establishes technologies in villages at farm gates from where they can easily collect all the farm products.It is located in Gurgaon,Haryana. There are 11 to 20 numbers of employees
- WayCool-Waycool is an Agri – tech company. It processes,distributes and procures dairy products etc. It also increases farmer’s income. It is one of the best chain supplies to deliver fresher,cheaper and better produced products safely. It has been a private limited startups since 1 July 2015. It is classified as a non government company. Its authorized share capital is Rs.200000.
- EM3 Agri Services – EM3 Agri Services for increasing agricultural productivity for the farming community on a PAY-For-Use basis. As we all know that India is an Agrarian society with over 1000 years of farming experience. 90 million households are directly engaged with agriculture.
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna– The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna(PMFBY) launched on 18 february 2016 By P.M. Narendra Modi. It is an insurance service for farmers and their fields. It aims to reduce the premium burden on farmers or also ensures the settlement of crop assurance claims.
- Crofarm Agriproduct Pvt Ltd – The crofarm Agriproduct Pvt Ltd works as a food crop supply chain company. It deals with farmers,crop transportation. They helped to get better value for the products, Timely electronic Payments,At fair and Transparent Pricing. It is harvested from farms as per secured demand. It served 1,00,000+ consumers,10,000+ farmers,5000+businesses,and raised 2,000+Monthly tonnage.
- NinjaCart– Ninjacart is India’s largest supply chain startup. It solves one of the toughest problems in the world through technology. It aims to disrupt the fresh produce supply chain. Its revenue is largely dependent on the commission which earns from the entire transaction. From this set up farmers are able to get better remuneration.
Agricx- Agric is a first startup that uses AI-enabled SaaS stack for the companies in the business of producing,storing,transporting.It raised an amount of $500K. Its goal is to increase the usage of new-age technologies to weed.